RobotStudio event

S4P+ Controller in RobotStudio 2019

Hello All,
I have the old S4P+ Robot Controller (Model:- IRB5400-12-1113) & wants to do the simulation for the same using Robot Studio 2019.5.
Here are the challenges....

1) Can i do the simulation for S4P+ in RS2019.5 with using RW 5.xxx or any other version of RW ? 
2) If I can do the simulation for S4P+ controller in RS2019 then how i can transfer the programs from IRC5P to S4P+ controller??
3) Is there any specific software available in ABB for converting programs from IRC5P to S4P+ ?? if it avaiolable then where i can get it ??

Please help on this!!!!

Thanks,

Comments

• I do not know about the paint commands but in a standard system you can create the RAPID program only as a virtual controller is not available for the S4 series in the current  RobotStudio. Things like I/O need to be created from scratch as the config files are not compatible.
    This also relies on the robot being available in the current version of RobotStudio - I see that there is an IRB5400-12 available.

The Rapid program can be saved in RobotStudio to say a USB and loaded manually into the real controller.
  • Thanks! i will try this 

• One other thing - ensure you do not use any RAPID commands, functions, etc that is not available in the S4 series....
  • Ok Sure !