RobotStudio event

How to measure cycle time

Options
dragolollo
edited April 2020 in RAPID Programming
Hello,
I am dealing with a palletization task on RobotStudio. To get some data, I need to do simulations and to save the times that the robotic station takes to load each 30 pallets . I need something that allow me to leave the computer doing simulation and to check results only at the end (so maybe I can let it work during night). Is there some function in Rapid that allows to count and save time? (If possible I would like to save more than one time value per each 30 completed pallets during the same simulation)
Thank you a lot!

Comments

• graemepaulin
    Options
    So you will be running multiple tests one after another and want to record the cycle time for each?
    You could use the clock commands in RAPID and store the results in an array?
  • dragolollo
    Options
    Yes, actually I think I can start a single simulation and take the time each 30 pallets or, if possible, probably it would be better to start a simulation and stop it (getting the time too) after 30 completed pallets, then start another one and so on . Is it possible to make a sequence of simulation without starting them manually? Which solution is better/feasible in your opinion? Anyway thanks, I think the array can be good but how to use clock command?
    Maybe to save the data in file like .txt make them easier to manage and read. 
  • graemepaulin
    Options
    I think you will have to do all this in the RAPID program then start the simulation and it will run through your code - running each variation you want to test, and logging the time after each.
    Attached is extract from RAPID manual; on clock command.

• DenisFR
    DenisFR ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello,
    You can export an executable of your simulation. So you can replay all of it and choose time with a cursor.

• Dmitry
    Options
    or, if possible, probably it would be better to start a simulation and stop it (getting the time too) after 30 completed pallets, then start another one and so on 
    Why do you expect time variations in the same simulation running multiple times?
  • dragolollo
    Options
    It's because I have to palletize different kind of boxes that come randomly on a conveyor, then I want to measure in how much time, averagely, 30 pallets are completed. Anyway thank you all for your answers! I think I will do creating an array and storing there the time each 30 completed pallets (with function Clk). After a series of 30-pallets completions, I will write results on a .txt file.