RobotStudio event

Move relative to world?

Hello,

I am trying to make a pick up sequence for at depalletizing robot. (Study project) 

To use the sequence on several pallets, and box positions i would like to make a relative move. Is there a move function, to move relative to world coordinates?
I would like to change this code, so i can use it on more pallets. 

Best regards

Jesper

Comments

• graemepaulin
    edited May 2020
    The offset function offsets the robtarget and returns the resultant offset robtarget to in this case the move instruction.
    The move instruction may be referenced to a workobject in which case the x, y, z directions are those of the work object, if no workobject in the move instruction then they will be referenced to the robot base frame.

So in your example this becomes: MoveL offs(A1,-100, -100, 100), v100 ,fine, \wobj:=wobj184;
  • Ok, so the robottarget in a Offs only defines the orientation, not the location? That would work then. 

• The offs values are added to the robotarget values for the location.
  • Ok, thanks for the explanation. Then the offs will not work i my case. 
    I need a function to move eg. 1500 down, no matter the location of the robot. So that i can use the PickUp PROC in all locations on the pallet/pallets.
    Maybe absolute movement would be the right word. 
    When i read the RAPID technical reference, this is not possible?

What solution should user, so i can reuse the same piece of code for at PickUp, i different locations? 
  • lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Use CRobT function to store the current position in a robtarget variable, then use Offs(pVariable,0, 0, -1500).
    Lee Justice
  • Perfect, that was just the function i needed. 
    Thanks.