RobotStudio event

Model robot to follow real robot.

So the normal work flow (for me) is model the cell, program & test it. Then download to the controller, adjust a couple of positions or work objects, test it and the jobs done.

Heres where it gets intresting, I'm working from home. I was asked to make a remote change which I did over VPN and was monitoring some vars while someone on site tested it for me. It occured to me that is would have been much less nail biting for me if i could see what the robot was doing. So to my actual question, is it possible to get the simulated robot arm in my model to follow the motion of the real arm instead of being attached to the simulated controller? and if yes how?

Comments

• The 'Online Monitor' in the Controller tab shows the motion of the real arm. But you will not see your 3D parts in your station.
    Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • Thanks Anders I'll give it a go.
  • a couple of year back I originally asked this question. I've had cause to revisit it, It seems to me that the built in online monitor is lacking. I appreciate that you cant expect object in a cell to interact with the model, but surely it would help visualize what is going on if they were visible.

Then I came across this:
    https://developercenter.robotstudio.com/api/robotstudio/articles/Walkthroughs/RobotStudioOnline.html

Which would appear to do exactly what I want. What I don't understand is why it is not integrated into robotstudio? has it been built into an addin for RS somewhere on the abb website? I really dont want to have to install visual studio to build it for myself.

• DenisFR
    DenisFR ✭✭✭
    Hello,
    Why do you need to install Visual Studio?
    You only needs to use my Smart Component.

• to be honest i tried you smart component when you first suggested it. I did have another look at it yesterday and had issues with refresh speed. The article in the link above seems a cleaner option with it integrating in to the online section of the controller ribbon