RobotStudio event

Installing a new software on IRC5

Hi,

I have purchased a used IRB4400 with IRC5 that was operating in a factory, it used to have an external axis, but I bought it without the external axis, so I need to install a new copy of RobotWare. It used to have 5.06.0158 version.

What steps do I need to do? I read that I need to create an installation package from the installation manager at RobotStudio, is it correct? any guidance?

I appreciate your support,

Best regards,
Yazan

Comments

• lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    The main computer for that will probably only go up to RW 5.15.  So you need to add in that version to your robotstudio, use the system builder to build the system from backup.  You will need to remove the external axis option, using modify system.  There will most likely be a jumper necessary for the external axis PTC.
    Lee Justice
  • Thank you @lemster68 for your helpful answer.. where can I find documentation for this procedure?
  • Many thanks :)
  • Again my friend, I'm stuck at choosing the Media Pool, it says " Couldn't find a matching RobotWare version in the selected Media Pool"   I guess this might mean that the RobotWare version I have from Backup is not among the existing versions.. where can I download it from?
  • lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Which version of robotstudio are you using?
    Lee Justice
  • RobotStudio 2020.1 (64-bit)
    Version 20.1.8982.0
  • lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    I had no problem creating from backup a system as far back as 5.08 using both RS 5.15.02 ans RS 2019.  I do have RW 5.14 installed and RS2019 just automatically selects that newer RW.
    Lee Justice
  • I have downloaded a RobotWare from the RobotApps, but the lowest version I found was 5.16
    The version I have on the controller is ROBOTWARE_5.06.0158
  • That's great.. this is 5.14, would it be ok since I have 5.06.0158?

• lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    It worked for me.
    Lee Justice
  • Thank you so much.. I really appreciate your help :) 
  • lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    You are welcome, good luck.
    Lee Justice
  • Hi again.. 
    I have managed to install the new software at IRC5.. I am just facing a new problem.. 
    when loading a program and trying to execute it, it says that " Position outside reach " , event message 50050
    I'm using PowerMill to generate the code, and everything is good in the simulation, but still says that joint 2 is outside area.
    Was it necessary to restore the parameters when the software installation was done? or not because they belong to the old configurations (I have removed the external axis)?

It also says in the event log, probable causes:
    The reason may be that ConfL_Off is used and a movement is too large, more than 90 degrees for an axis. 

but I changed it into ConfL_On and it did not work.

Any ideas?

Thanks
  • When you say it is everything was good in the simulation - is that a simulation in PowerMill or RobotStudio?
    RobotStudio should give you the same error as the real robot (if the station replicates the real robot cell accurately).

It could be that if you choose a different configuration at the start of this particular cut (wind the axis that runs out of movement in the opposite direction direction at the start of the cut) that you can finish the cut.
    In RobotStudio you can choose the configuration that will do this, and use auto configure on the rest of the path.
  • lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    If you restore the parameters they will probably contain references to the external axis, giving you errors.  What are joint angles at the error?  Look at the values in the pendant.  If it is a robtarget, use CalcJointT function to convert to joint angles.
    Lee Justice
  • yazan
    yazan
    edited July 2020

• @graemepaulin
    Actually the simulation was in PowerMill, I am almost confident that there is nothing wrong with the simulation, because it will give errors too if they existed. But I will double check the axis configuration and their direction of rotation. Thanks.

• @lemster68
    Thank you for your reply, I have attached the errors I get, maybe they can give you a clue what would be the error cause, 
    Do you have a documentation on how to check if it's a rotarget according to your suggestion? and how to convert to angles?

Thanks
  • lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Refer to the instructions, functions and datatypes manual.  you should be able to access it from the help tab in RS.
    Lee Justice
  • Ok thank you so much