RobotStudio event

RobotStudio Silent Install

Options
Hi,

I need to install RobotStudio on a couple of PCs in our students lab. Is there a possibility to define the target dir and the path to the license server for a silent install? I managed a silent install with basic parameters using the command line
setup.exe /S /v/qn
But this is rather useless if i have to define the license server on each pc afterwards. I looked through the readme of RobotStudio and also through the manual, didn't find anything...

Regards
Matthias

Comments

• Johannes Weiman
    Options
    Hi Matthias,
    Try this:
    setup.exe /s /v"/qb ADDLOCAL=ALL LICENSE_SERVER=myhostname"
    It might be possible to change target directory by adding INSTALLDIR=... inside the quotes, but that has not been tested.

Regards,
    Johannes

Johannes Weiman
    Software Engineer
    RobotStudio Team, ABB Robotics
  • SamR
    Options
    Dear Johannes,

thanks to your post, we were able to deploy RobotStudio 6 on our clients with a defined license server.
    After upgrading to Version 7 (2019), the setup parameter "LICENSE_SERVER=myhostname" has stopped working and we have
    to manually define the license server on every client.
    Do you know if the setup parameter has been changed?

Kind Regards,
    Markus
  • Johannes Weiman
    Options
    Hi Markus,

Yes it is not working in 2019.1 due to changes in the licensing system. This will be addressed in 2019.2 which should be released soon.

A workaround is to run this command as a separate step after the installation:
    RobotStudio.Installer.exe SetServer myhostname
    RobotStudio.Installer.exe is located in the RobotStudio 2019\Bin directory. Note that it requires elevated privileges.

Johannes Weiman
    Software Engineer
  • MatthiasN
    Options
    Dear Johannes,

thanks for the hints for the silent install. Is there a documentation of all possible command line options/operations?

Is it also possible to install RobotWare silently? When switching to RS 2019 we need to make the change on numerous workstations, so this would really help.

Regards
    Matthias
  • Hi Matthias,
    Besides LICENSE_SERVER, there are only standard InstallShield switches:
    https://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/installshield19helplib/helplibrary/IHelpSetup_EXECmdLine.htm

I don't think it's possible to install RobotWare silently, but I'll make a note of it.

Johannes Weiman
    Software Engineer
  • MatthiasN
    Options
    Hi Johannes,

thanks for the information. Would be good to have the RobotWare installed automatically, but so we have to do it manually. More work for our student assistants ;-)
  • Just wanted to confirm that the silent installation procedure outlined above works with RobotStudio 2020.x

Maxim Riabichev
    PC Software Support Engineer