RobotStudio event

UIInstructionEvent SendAnswer not working anymore

Options
We use the PC SDK to handle UI instruction events of the robot. On reception of a UI instruction event, we show a WPF dialog with the appropriate buttons based on the buttons in the event arguments. When a button is pressed, we use the SendAnser method of the event arguments to close a message dialog.

Recently we upgraded the PC SDK from version 6.8 to 2019.3. Now the SendAnswer method doesn't work anymore. The dialog is not closed until a button is pressed on the FlexPendant. Today we also tried version 2019.5 of the PC SDK, but still the same problem.

Please fix this as soon as possible!

Thank you,
Joost

Best Answer

Answers

• DanS
    DanS ✭✭
    Options
    We also just noticed this.  I believe I made a duplicate post.  Anyone out there from ABB that could help possibly?
  • Tango
    Options
    FYI I have requested a PDD from ABB to investigate this issue. Once provided I will update this discussion. 
  • DanS
    DanS ✭✭
    Options
    That's funny, yesterday we discovered this and were able to fix things up.  Thank you for the reply!

At some point, PCSDK began to require mastership for this operation.  This must've happened in a release about late 2018/early 2019.  Adding a mastership request prior to the SendAnswer call seems to be working.
  • Tango
    Options
    Thank you everyone, I have canceled the request for ABB to investigate.