RobotStudio event

RobotStudio 2020 - External Axis Wizard

Options
Hello, I have RobotStudio 2020 and I want to use a robot attached to a track.

If I use a track like the RTT Robin which comes with RobotStudio it works perfectly with the IRC5 controller but if I design a track and make a mechanism, the IRC5 controller says the combination dont works (my track + irb 1200).

I read that this problem can be solved with External Axis Wizard but it isnt available for the 2020 version of robotstudio.

Does exist a way to solve this problem or I have to use RTT Robin?
Thanks you all.

Comments

• Liam
    Liam admin
    Options
    Hi aalex2121,

Here is an updated External Axis Wizard for use with RobotStudio 2020.1. This will be uploaded to the RobotApps page soon also.

Best regards,
    Liam
  • Tombie
    Options
    Hello,

Have you fixed an issue? I am creating my system in RobotSTudio 6.08 and I have externaln axis wizzard. But still when I have succsfully created systestem with track I have problems. My Robot wobj is jumping every restart if controler. Also when I restart controller every time RobotStudio asking me for detaching robot from mechanism. When I click "no" it changes my wobj and task frame. Have no idea how to fix it. About 1 year ago I was doing it the same way and it was working. Also strange situation happens after restart the controller. Wobj is moved somewhere I don't know why, 
    but If I press examine on it it shows that is in base frame of robot.
  • splata
    Options
    hello .

I have a problem with RobotStudio 2020.4 (64-bit) Version 20.4.9280.0 , i need to configure a MID 500 with the controller with RW 6.11.02 but when i try to open the External Axis Wizard 6.08.01 i have this fatal error.

somebody have the same error?? 

• innebandy
    Options
    It might be a sort of compatibility issues. So You'd better install the latest External Axis wizard. You can get the latest in Add-Ins menu of RobotStudio when you are online.