RobotStudio event

Does 888-2 Profinet option prevent Ethernet IP connections?

Options
Hello,

I have customer that would like to connect an IRB 1600 to a Fronius weld machine. I'm not super familiar with the Fronius machines, but the examples I have seen have been connected to robots with Ethernet IP or EtherCAT. 

The customer's IRB 1600 has the following control module options:

701-1 FlexPendant: FlexPendant 10 m
888-2 PROFINET IO: PROFINET IO m/s SW
1541-1 Base Dig. 16In/16Out: Base Dig. 16In/16Out 1
731-1 Safety interface: Safety internal conn.
733-1 Operators panel: Panel on cabinet
735-3 Operating mode selector: Add. Contacts, 3 modes 

So my question is, does option 888-2 (without 841-1) prevent me configuring the LAN/WAN ports for Ethernet IP? 

Comments

• lemster68
    Options
    Which option is 841-1?  Some years back I had used the LAN to connect both profinet and the plant network, just assign a different IP.  However, look around on this forum some more, I believe that we had a discussion in which someone (DenisFR?) said that such is no longer working on the newer robotware.
    Lee Justice
  • DenisFR
    Options
    Hello,
    Yes, since some years, when ProfiNet is activated on an interface, you can't use any other protocol.
    So for you, if you activate ProfiNet on LAN3, you have to use Ethernet-IP on WAN. But don't connect them together...
  • lemster68
    Options
    Thanks Denis.  Maybe he can, he did not mention which version of robotware they are using.
    Lee Justice
  • daveMX3D
    Options
    Sorry for the late reply, but yes Denis was Correct. Thanks for the responses. Customer was using 6.10