RobotStudio event

External Axis Target Position

Hey there,

We have an IRB6650S moved by an external linear axis (non-ABB).

I need to know in RAPID, what the axis next target position is. 
I know <CJointT()> gives me the actual axis value, but I'm missing the direction the axis is moving.

Is there a way to get these informations in RAPID?

Cheers,
Olli

Comments

• Oliver_L said:

I need to know in RAPID, what the axis next target position is. 

Not sure if I understand your question, but the next target position is whatever target you have programmed in RAPID. If you are unsure the robot will move in the right direction, try the "move to position" command and see where you end up. 
  • xerim said:

Not sure if I understand your question, but the next target position is whatever target you have programmed in RAPID. If you are unsure the robot will move in the right direction, try the "move to position" command and see where you end up. 
    Thanks for your reply.
    The positions the robot (and the axis) move to are dynamically calculated each time. It is almost never the same path, the robot takes.  
    Of course, I could build something where I always store the next position in a global persistant variable right before a "Move" command. But I hoped, there was something preconstructed I could use. Somewhat similar to what I know from servo axis interfaces in plc environments.