RobotStudio event

Deactivation of External Axis

Subhodeep
Subhodeep
edited November 2020 in RobotStudio
Hi Sir
We have a system, where we have one Robot and three additional axes, basically three external motors. So When I am trying to deactivate the three additional axes it is not allowing me to deactivate any of the three axes. All the three motors are from ABB only.
So how is it that we cannot deactivate those.
PLEASE HELP.
Thanks
Post edited by Maxim Riabichev on

Comments

• You will see in your MOC.cfg that deactivation is forbidden.  Or look in control panel, configuration, motion.
    Lee Justice
  • Perhaps you are looking for DeactUnit

• Dear Sir
    We have already tried it but its not working.
    Is there anything related to hardware?
  • Subhodeep said:
    Dear Sir
    We have already tried it but its not working.
    Is there anything related to hardware?
    Can you provide some more information? What exactly happens when you try deactivating the external axes? Is the behavior the same for each one or different? 
  • I am not certain if they are required for deactivation but the positioners I have worked on which can be deactivated have extra contactors to disconnect the drive output from the motor.
  • Yes sir the behavior is same for all the external motors i.e, MTD-500 and MU-300 specifically.
    Just wanted to know if they don't have contactors is it possible to do with some kind of programming.
  • Do you get an error message when trying to de-activate?
  • Have you tried doing so from the jog window?
    Lee Justice
  • Yes sir we have tried it from there but it written as deactivation forbidden.
    No sir it doesn't shows any error.
  • As Lee suggested before check the motion configuration file under Mechanical unit to see if the parameter Deactivation Forbidden is set to true (which is the default value) - if so set it to false and restart the controller.
  • Ok sir I will check and let you know.
  • Thanks alot sir for your information its working now.
    Sir could you help me for few more queries.
     Like we dont have world zone but is it possible to get a program running in background and letting us know the position of the robot.
    Another query is how to send a AI value from Robot to PLC.
  • From robot is AO, do you have a an analog card?  If not, what communication bus?
    Lee Justice
  • Yes From Robot will be AO
    No we don't have any analog card, we are using Device-Net Protocol.
  • I have posted here probably more than once how to configure an "analog" signal on buses like that, you should be able to find one of those by searching.  Otherwise consult the system parameter manual, chapter 10, I think.
    Lee Justice
  • ok sir
    thanks alot