RobotStudio event

Two TCPs in one tool

Hey Guys. 

I want to pick an object using gripper and then draw using a pen. I have designed the tool with pen and gripper but I don't know how I can create two TCPs in one tool because I need one tool centre point on gripper to grip object and then one tool centre point on tip of the pen to draw. Could you guys please help me how to do it?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Hello,

Please take a look at this video on how to create a mechanism for a gripper:

https://youtu.be/yhX9iCWE0To

And then to solve your specific problem, you can add multiple items under Tooldata; One for your pen and one for the gripper.

Maxim Riabichev
    PC Software Support Engineer
  • Just teach another to the pen tool.  Make sure that you give it a unique name, don't reteach over the other.  You could add as many as you like, for that matter.
    Lee Justice
  • Thank you guys but I don't know how to teach multiple. Could you please tell me where can I find tooldata to add?

Thanks
    Devarsh
  • Hey Guys,

I added two TCPs inn one tool but how to use them when needed. I mean how can I choose which point to choose?

Thanks
    Devarsh 
  •  Simply specify which TCP you wish to use when you are giving the robot instructions. For example:

MoveL robtarget,speeddata,zonedata,TCP_1\WObj:=Wobj_1;

This uses TCP_1.

MoveL robtarget,speeddata,zonedata,TCP_2\WObj:=Wobj_1;

This uses TCP_2. 

• Thanks Xerim. I tried doing that way but its not picking the object it should. Could you please help me in how to do it? I tried attaching the simulation video but I don't know which format is allowed? 

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks
    Devarsh
  • Double check the data for the TCP of the gripper is correct, if it is defined incorrectly it will cause the gripper to appear as if it is in the wrong location. You can test the TCP by jogging the robot in reorient mode and observing if the tool is drastically changing positions as you reorient around different axes. 
  • Hi Xerim,

I have tried it. Actually the orientation of the gripper is different than the other TCP. But it is at the center of two claws of gripper to make it grip at the center. Gripper picks the object but it doesn't pick it correctly because it changes orientation of the object and picks it by some distance from the gripper. 

I will try to take pictures and upload it. But could you please tell me what is the problem.

Thanks
    Devarsh
  • So the gripper picks the object successfully and then encounters issues or is it not even in the correct position to pick the part in the first place? Sorry, not really understanding the problem. 
  • https://youtu.be/gSZs-XbyDIU

I have attached link to a unlisted youtube video of the simulation Have a look at it so you can see what the problem is and can help me to solve it. 

I really appreciate your help. Thanks a lot.
  • Are you using a Smart Component to do this? It seems like the only thing that isn't working is the simulation, have you tried running this program on the actual robot in manual mode? 
  • I didn't use smart component for this but I found what the problem was. I selected update position when attaching the object so it was doing it like this. Now it is doing it correctly. Thank you all the guys for your help.
  • Awesome, glad you got it working