RobotStudio event

MoveLSync without stopping

Hello,

I am trying to use MoveLSync without the robot stopping, however when the robot reaches the robtarget specified in my MoveLSync instruction, the motion stops as the program pointer has jumped to the other proc. How can I execute this without the robot stopping once it reaches the target? 

Thanks

Comments

• The procedure called within MoveLSync needs to complete itself first before the PP return to the the next instruction line, so it depends what you are trying to do. 
  • How big a zone have you defined?  Is there a whole lot of code in the routine?  Especially, any waiting for a DI or condition?
    Lee Justice
  • lemster68 said:
    How big a zone have you defined?  Is there a whole lot of code in the routine?  Especially, any waiting for a DI or condition?
    The zone is relatively big (100mm), but the proc the MoveLSync  calls does contain many WaitUntil instructions. Essentially  I have a routine that prepares a tool for work, and a turn table that runs on a stepper motor and uses limit switches to get positional information. What I am trying to do is trigger the table turning to the correct limit switch while the tool is being prepared simultaneously. 
  • So I suppose in your motion event log you will see a corner path failure warning identifying this line number.
    Lee Justice
  • No corner path failure present in the motion event log
  • None, whatsoever?  There is a parameter to turn that off, though.
    Lee Justice
  • I mean there is one, but not for my MoveLSync instruction, but for when the robot returns to the home position at the end of the procedure. 
  • Hmmmm, I would expect that it would flag the warning if it is stopping.  Do you have multitasking?  Or, can you get things prepared sooner, like when robot completes one task and is moving away?  Perhaps break it up into smaller procs.
    Lee Justice
  • Breaking up into smaller procs isn't a bad idea, I don't have multitasking but it would be ideal for an application like this. The biggest obstacle I am facing right now is the procs for turning the table all depend on WaitUntil commands that are fulfilled by limit switches triggering at certain positions. Is there a way to have a proc running in the background without multitasking? 
  • No, not really.
    Lee Justice
  • You can try to use \Conc parameter to execute some code in background while robot is moving. To be able to use it you have to use MoveL/MoveJ command.
  • MattB said:
    You can try to use \Conc parameter to execute some code in background while robot is moving. To be able to use it you have to use MoveL/MoveJ command.
    Does \Conc take a proc as an argument though? I need to trigger an entirely different proc while another one is already executing. 
  • No, it's not possible to use an argument. If you use \Conc in move instruction program pointer will jump to the next line and start command or proc instantly without waiting for robot to reach a corner zone.