RobotStudio event

IRB 4400 MA94A Bootloader

mues
mues
edited February 2021 in Robot Controller
Hello Together,

I am a research assistant at the Technical University Berlin and we have the above mentioned robot which we want to use for our research projects (with S4 controller). As the title says we need the Bootloader to take the robot into operation.
Unfortunately we couldnt get help from the telephonic customer spare part service since october 2020. (Ref Nr : 20201015-Tx3Vu).

Further details like Version, Serial Number etc. can be shared if necessary.

I was informed that it is possible to create the bootloader with the help of the roboter specific Key which we also dont have.

I am thankful for any Information

Comments

• Have you tried creating a new system in RS with installation manager, and then downloading to a USB? You should be able to connect the USB with the new system directly to the service port of the controller to fix your problem with the bootloader. 
  • xerim said:
    Have you tried creating a new system in RS with installation manager, and then downloading to a USB? You should be able to connect the USB with the new system directly to the service port of the controller to fix your problem with the bootloader. 

Hey Xerim,
    acutally it doesnt work without the roboter specific key which i mentioned above :(
  • Do you have a backup of your system? There is a key.id file in there
  • xerim said:
    Do you have a backup of your system? There is a key.id file in there

I dont think so. We didnt get any kind of Disk etc. with the robot. Unless there is a backup partition inside the controller i dont think that we have posiblities to get the key. I will check it tomorrow anyways but i dont have great hope.
  • What is the serial number of the robot?
    I will see if there is any information on the internal ABB robot database that may help.
  • What is the serial number of the robot?
    I will see if there is any information on the internal ABB robot database that may help.
    That would be awesome.

The serial number ist 4400-0967;
    Version:IRB4400/1.95-60

• Unfortunately the key disk has not been up loaded for this system, so not able to help sorry.
  • Unfortunately the key disk has not been up loaded for this system, so not able to help sorry.

Thank u for your help. I appreciate that. :)
  • Update: It seems that something happened at the headquarter of ABB. I have an offer now to buy the Keystring/disc :smile: