RobotStudio event

IRC 5 OPC UA Server turn message encryption off

Is it possible to turn security certificates off?  I want to use a client that does not support message encryption.  Is this possible?  
Tagged:

Comments

• The Application Manual - IRC5 OPC UA Server seems to indicate a security mode setting for "none." Keep in mind, this would mean that your client is open to attacks from anyone with an internet connection. 

• stefpender
    edited February 2021
    It states that IRC5 OPC UA Server doesn't support "None". "IRC5 OPC UA Server supports only 'sign' and 'sign and encrypt'".  If I change all these instances of Security Mode to None - will that turn security settings off?

Post edited by stefpender on
  • Hello,

IRC5 OPC UA Server only supports Sign and Sign and encrypt security modes (as the manual states, somewhat obfuscated).

Maxim Riabichev
    PC Software Support Engineer
  • Hello,

IRC5 OPC UA Server only supports Sign and Sign and encrypt security modes (as the manual states, somewhat obfuscated).

If IRC OPC UA Server only supports sign and sign and encrypt, why does the manual list "None" under the heading "OPC UA supports the following security modes?" Is the manual incorrect? 
  • OPC UA Protocol supports None, but the ABB OPC UA Server does not.

Such is my interpretation at least.

Maxim Riabichev
    PC Software Support Engineer
  • OPC UA Protocol supports None, but the ABB OPC UA Server does not.

Such is my interpretation at least.

Hmm, ok. Thanks for clearing that up.