RobotStudio event

FTP over the WAN port RW 7

I cannot connect to the OmniCore controller running RW 7.0.1 with FTP. I can get to the camera over the Service port, not the controller. Neither service port or WAN will let me connect. Has anyone had success with FTP on these revisions? I have no trouble on RW 6 with IRC5 controller.

Answers

• What user name and password are you using to try and connect to the controller?  try using "Default User" and "robotics".  Can you ping the controller service port IP (192.168.125.1)?  Do you have your PC network card set to get IP address automatically?  The service port has a built in DHCP server that will assign it.  When trying to use the WAN port do you have the software option PC interface installed on the controller?  I think you have to have that even if you are trying to FTP into the controller over the WAN port.

• I appreciate your response, thank you. I have no trouble on any ABB robots running RW 6, it is only on  RW 7 on the Omnicore that refuses to connect. If you have had the misfortune of having to migrate from an IRC5 RW 6 to an Omnicore with RW 7 you would understand. I was hoping to find someone that has been successful with the new stuff. And, yes, we always get the PC interface option.
  • Hello Yaberries, could you please tell me what user name and password and ftp client you are using to communicate with RW6 IRC5 controllers? Thanks!
  • I was able to login to my controller using FileZilla by leaving the username and password blank, but it was RW 5.15
  • We specify the username and password, then enable the required access. The FTP client is a dll referenced in our C# project. Just a reminder, we have no issues with IRC5. Just Omnicore. I have successfully transferred files using the web services on the Omnicore so FTP isn't required. But I would still like to know if FTP is possible, or if we have to go with secure FTP on Omnicore.