RobotStudio event

Revolution counters not updated

Options
Hi all,

I have been working with IRB 14000 YuMi and recently I have been getting the error 'Revolution counters not updated' from the FlexPendant. The problem is that when I call the calibration routine, the joints can be calibrated just fine, and the 'Calibration' section also shows both arms calibrated. However, once I power off the robot and restart, 'Revolution counters not updated' shows up again.

One thing that I found might be related to the problem is that Axis Calibration seems to be not properly stored in memory. As shown in the image:

However, after checking options on FlexPendant for days, I still haven't figure out how to have the Calibration results stored. Has anyone experienced this error before? Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Comments

• xerim
    Options
    Seems like the SMB battery is dead, replace it and your calibration values will not be lost on power down

• HainingLuo
    Options
    Hi Xerim! Thanks a ton! That makes a lot of sense! I will go check if the SMB battery is dead.
  • HainingLuo
    Options
    Hi Xerim! Thanks a ton! That makes a lot of sense! I will go check if the SMB battery is dead.
    I have checked the battery and the voltmeter reads only 180mv. Yeah the battery should be dead for good. Does anyone happen to know where can we buy these SMB batteries? I found some suppliers on eBay but they don't seem to be very reliable... Many thanks.
  • xerim
    xerim
    edited April 2021
    Options
    I found this battery from the Product manual, spare parts - IRB 14000, but I would call ABB to double check. The spare part number may be out of date.  
  • HainingLuo
    Options
    xerim said:
    I found this battery from the Product manual, spare parts - IRB 14000, but I would call ABB to double check. The spare part number may be out of date.  
    Sorry for my late reply and thanks again, Xerim! The battery number is exactly what I found on yumi! I will check the spared parts! Thanks again!