RobotStudio event

Error at creating station

Hello everybody,

i worked with robot studio version 6.8 until yesterday (full license)

After installation RS 2019_4, i can no longer create stations with version 6.8.

If the control is to be generated from backup I have the following error.

RobotStudio .NET exception: C0040701 : One or more files in the release directory is corrupt and cannot be used when launching a VC.
IRobVC.Launch()
============================================
Base exception: RobApiException
C0040701 : One or more files in the release directory is corrupt and cannot be used when launching a VC.
IRobVC.Launch()
   bei System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   bei RobotStudio.Services.Systems.SystemBuilder.SystemBuilderGandalf.<CreateSystemFromBackupAsync>d__15.MoveNext()
--- Ende der Stapelüberwachung vom vorhergehenden Ort, an dem die Ausnahme ausgelöst wurde ---
   bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   bei RobotStudio.UI.Controller.DefineSystemCtrl.<CreateSystemFromBackupAsync>d__9.MoveNext()
--- Ende der Stapelüberwachung vom vorhergehenden Ort, an dem die Ausnahme ausgelöst wurde ---
   bei RobotStudio.UI.Controller.DefineSystemCtrl.<CreateSystemAsync>d__8.MoveNext()
   bei ABBInternal.Controller.SystemFromLayout.CreateSystemCtrl.<ApplyAsync>d__19.MoveNext()

Does anyone know where this is coming from?

thank you in advance

Bodo

Answers

• Hi Bodo,

For assistance with this issue I recommend that you contact your local ABB Support team who can help you. You can find the contact information at https://new.abb.com/contact-centers.

Best Regards,
    Liam
  • I'm currently having this issue and it seems to be partly due to Admin privileges. Robotware installs to the Appdata directory of the user account. For non-admin accounts at my workplace it seems to not install correctly.