RobotStudio event

Error 50055 joint load high

Options
Amine108
Amine108
edited April 2021 in IRC5
  • We are using Abb Robot Model IRB 4400 IRC5 CONTROLLER.

We are getting following error;

50055 : Joint Load High , Actual Torque on joint arg is too high. Might be caused by incorrect load data, too high acceleration, high external process forces, low temperature or hardware error. CHECK load data, rudcuce acceleration or speed , check hardware.

The error appears only in automatic mode in the same point of trajectory .

After calling the ABB guy, he told me to change cable harness axes1-3,but nothing change ,it stops again in the same place.

Request for solutions.

Regards,
Tagged:

Comments

• lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Have you properly defined the tool loaddata and the payload data using LoadID?
    Lee Justice
  • Amine108
    Options
    The robot works fine for 3 years, we have never changed tool or tool loaddata.
  • lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Was it initially set up at all?  It is often times that I find robots where they did not set it up correctly from the beginning because they did not know how.  As a Matter of fact, I have been to where the robot was so poorly setup and programmed, it was taught using tool0.
    Lee Justice
  • lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Has the robot been serviced?  Lubrication changed when it should be?
    Lee Justice
  • Amine108
    Options

This is loaddata of the robot,i've compare it with another similar robot,it's the same. 
    No, the robot hasn't  been serviced this year due to covid issue. 
  • lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Which axis is faulting?  I would definitely drain the oil, examine it for contaminants, metal pieces.  Also, if you can safely do so, release the brakes and push the joint around, see if it moves smoothly or has a crunchy spot.
    Lee Justice
  • Amine108
    Options
    It's Axis 1, i've  cheked oil level and quality, it looks fine .
    Tomorrow I will try to move the joint manually and look for crunchy spot us you said. 
    Thnx for replying. 
  • Amine108
    Options
    Hi again 

​So the robot only stops once in 3 days . And today I've released axis 1 brake and pushed the joint around.  It was quite hard all around. 

So my question is how can I be sure the problem is a faulty brake and not the gearbox or something else?!
  • innebandy
    innebandy ✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Regarding Error 50055, you need to follow the instructions in the troubleshooting manual as listed below.
    Description: Actual torque on joint arg too high. Might be caused by incorrect load data, too high acceleration, high external process forces, low temperature or hardware error.
    Recommended actions: • Check load data. • Reduce acceleration or speed. • Check hardware.
    When it comes to H/W error, the brake might be the reason. However, motor power cable issues were most common in my experience. So I recommend to replace the cable with new one.
  • Amine108
    Options
    @innebandy i've already changed the cable harness. 
  • innebandy
    innebandy ✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Please follow the instructions below.
    Separate the motor unit from the gearbox. Connect a 24Vdc power to the motor brake. Switch on the power and rotate the motor shaft/pinion with your hand, then the shaft should turn smoothly without any resistance. On the other hand, the shaft must standstill while the power is off.
    If this is your case, then the motor unit is okay.