RobotStudio event

Uinumentry on omnicore

Sending an answer to a uinumentry event with PC SDK dosen't work if the answer has a decimal in it.

Sending 10 works, sending 10.5 dosen't work.
Program execution continues without changing the result. 

I'm running RW 7.2 with PCSDK 2020.4 (Latest I could find)
Systemintegrator - Web / C# / Rapid / Robotstudio

If I helped, please press Vote Up  :smile:

Comments

• UINumEntry only works with integers
  • Hello.

The UINumEntry should work with integers as well as floating numbers, depending on weather or not you use the /AsInteger property.

There is most likely a bug that creates your issues, but let me get back to you on that once I can confirm it with R&D

Nils Olofsson
    PC Software Support Engineer

• I stand corrected, thank you for clearing this up Nils
  • Hello.

The UINumEntry should work with integers as well as floating numbers, depending on weather or not you use the /AsInteger property.

There is most likely a bug that creates your issues, but let me get back to you on that once I can confirm it with R&D
    I managed to recreate the same behaviour in robotstudio using the built in operator window feature. That one fails to work with decimals aswell. RW7.2 / RS2021.1.1

• Hello.
    Did you create the floating number with a comma? It has to be a dot.

Nils Olofsson

• Hello.
    Did you create the floating number with a comma? It has to be a dot.

It's not possible to write a "." in robotstudios operator window. Only comma.
    How am i suppose to write a floating number with a dot?  

Also if we go back to the C# program i'm sending a double value to the sendAnswer method.
    I don't specify if it's a comma or a dot. This should be done in the PCSDK library when communicating with the robotcontroller? 

• Tompanhuhu
    Tompanhuhu ✭✭
    edited May 2021
    @Maxim Riabichev
    @NilsOlofsson

Do you guys have any update on this issue? 

• Nils Olofsson
    edited May 2021
    Hello @Tompanhuhu.
    After some more investigations we have confirmed that it is indeed the "," vs "." problems that creates this issue.
    To avoid this you can set the culture settings for the current thread in c# like his:

System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CurrentCulture = new System.Globalization.CultureInfo("en-UK"); 

You could also set the regional settings in windows to English if you want to.

Please note that you will have to make sure that the input value uses the "." and not ",".

We have also reported the problems with the Operator Window but i as of now I have no updates regarding that.

Nils Olofsson

• It solved the issue thank you Nils.