RobotStudio event

Robot Program modification not saving

Options
Hello Experts,

We have 5 ABB  IRB 6700 Robots with IRC5 controller in our factory, one of them we are using for inductile part grinding operation, suddenly we came across an issue that grinding robot not saving any path modification, we did checked Robot repeatability along with tool and it is working fine. then we took normal MoveL & MoveJ points to modify program and ran it in manual mode and found its working fine then we tried to run it in automatic mode. Then we observed that all points get shifted in automatic mode then we ran same program again in manual mode and found all points shifted. We created totally separated program and tried same with it but it was also having same issue as like we got with our regular one program.
 regular program codes are mentioned below.    

MoveJ pDropSubPlaceHandOff20, v2000, z0, tGripper\WObj:=wobjHandOffStand;
        MoveJ pDropSubPlaceHandOff30, v2000, z0, tGripper\WObj:=wobjHandOffStand;
        MoveJ pDropSubPlaceHandOff40, v2000, z0, tGripper\WObj:=wobjHandOffStand;
        MoveL pDropSubPlaceHandOff50, v150, fine, tGripper\WObj:=wobjHandOffStand;
        MoveL pDropSubPlaceHandOff60, v50, fine, tGripper\WObj:=wobjHandOffStand;
        WaitRob\inpos;

subAtDropPlaceHandOff;
        rGripperOpenDrop;

! Center gripper with part after gripper open (tGripper is repositioned)
        MoveL pDropSubPlaceHandOff110, vFixtureClose, fine,tGripper\WObj:=wobjHandOffStand;
        MoveL pDropSubPlaceHandOff70, vReposFast, fine,tGripper\WObj:=wobjHandOffStand;
        MoveJ pDropSubPlaceHandOff80, vReposFast, z0, tGripper\WObj:=wobjHandOffStand;
        MoveJ pDropSubPlaceHandOff90, vReposFast, z0, tGripper\WObj:=wobjHandOffStand;
        MoveJ pDropSubPlaceHandOff100, vReposFast, z0,tGripper\WObj:=wobjHandOffStand;

! Tune Motion Supervision back to 100%
        MotionSup\On\TuneValue:=100;

any help would be appreciated!
Sorry for my bad english.

Comments

• xerim
    Options
    Is this true for all your programs or is it unique to just one? How far does it deviate from the programmed path? 
  • Rodolfo
    Options
    Are you loading/unloading your modules? 
  • Danijel_Cro
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Hi,

position are shifted for how much?
    Are we talking about 1mm, or 5cm?

Nevertheless, this sounds to me like payload issue.
    Did you take care about payload when teaching?

If you reset PP, or set/move PP in new routine, you will lose payload, and teach with load0.

This would explain why after you retry to drive in manual mode everything is fine, but after in automatic, when all sequence is loaded, inclusive payload management you move with correct load, and all positions are shifted.

Danijel
    "We're more aware of simple processes that don't work well than of complex ones that work flawlessly"

• Egaleskay
    Options
    Rodolfo,
    I'm not using load/unload module command in this robot.
  • Egaleskay
    Options
    Danjiel_Cro,

May be you are right. I'll try that and let you know.
  • lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi,

Nevertheless, this sounds to me like payload issue.
    Did you take care about payload when teaching?

If you reset PP, or set/move PP in new routine, you will lose payload, and teach with load0.

This would explain why after you retry to drive in manual mode everything is fine, but after in automatic, when all sequence is loaded, inclusive payload management you move with correct load, and all positions are shifted.

Danijel
    This would be particularly true if you have absolute accuracy and the payload is significant.
    Lee Justice