RobotStudio event

SX Teach Pendant

I have been having troubles recently with my SX Teach Pendant not working.  I have seen when powering up the controller that the pendant will remain blank or the pendant will screen will be stuck on "Searching for a controller" or sometimes the pendant will work properly.  Definitely at this point it is unreliable.  Looking for some help on what is causing the issue and how to repair.

Thanks!

Comments

• lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Check the connections on both ends.  The connector to the controller and the connection in the pendant.  Also, check the ethernet cable connection inside the cabinet from the connector inside to the cpu.
    Lee Justice
  • Thanks for the advice.  I tracked the ethernet connection from both directions.  I don't have any blinking lights at either end of the ethernet connection for the pendant.  On the communications card in the CPU I also didn't show any communication lights on the port for the Panel Unit, but that does seem to be working.  Not sure how to troubleshoot if the issue is the Pendant or in the CPU.
  • lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Power it off, then the pendant can be easily opened.  Just take your time, be careful, don't force anything.  Check the wires/connectors in the pendant from the pendant cable.
    Lee Justice