RobotStudio event

system failure when boot up omnicore

I am trying to connect omnicore(IRB1300) to a router on LAN port by using Ethernet cable before system boot up, but every time, omnicore give system failure signal with code 36600 and 36601, please see attached pictures. I have tried to boot up the omnicore first, then plug Ethernet cable, it works fine, and it also works fine when plug Ethernet cable to a computer before boot up. Change router wouldn't fix the problem, I suspect the problem is coming from DHCP setting, please give me some advice, thanks in advance.

BRs
Wise
Tagged:

Comments

• Hello, 

You are correct that the DHCP server in the router is the root cause of your problems.
    There is a note in manual that reads:
    "Do not connect another DHCP server to this port."
    This applies to both the Management Port and the LAN port.
    There is already a DHCP server in the Omnicore Controller running on these ports.

Use the WAN port if you want the controller to receive an IP-address from your router.

• seggan said:
    Hello, 

You are correct that the DHCP server in the router is the root cause of your problems.
    There is already a DHCP server in the Omnicore Controller running on these ports.

Use the WAN port if you want the controller to receive an IP-address from your router.

Might be worth adding a new row in the "Cause" section. 
    Systemintegrator - Web / C# / Rapid / Robotstudio

If I helped, please press Vote Up  :smile:
  • seggan said:
    Hello, 

Dear Seggan:
    Thank you very much, I have fix the problem by using your method!

Cheers!
    Wise