RobotStudio event

User forum philosophy and guidelines

Options
Maxim Riabichev
edited June 2021 in RobotStudio

Hello and welcome to ABB Robotics User Forums!

In this post, we would like to introduce you to the philosophy and guidelines of these forums.

The main purpose of these forums is to provide a platform for users of ABB Robotics products through which you, from all over the world, can exchange ideas and inspire each other to find solutions for specific use cases and/or troubleshoot issues that may have arisen.

It is also a way for the developers of ABB Robotics products to get in contact with the user base in order to receive feedback on their work and suggestions for new features.

Finally, these forums function as an easily accessible knowledge base; A question you may have could have already been asked and answered by other users.

With this philosophy in mind, users who are experiencing problems due to potential product defects or similar could always create a thread asking the user base for help. However, if there's a need for a response from ABB on the matter, the fastest way to get in touch with us is to reach out to the local ABB office via this resource.

As a general code of conduct on these forums, we wish everyone to behave respectfully to one another and keep a kind tone in the discussions.

We wish you the best of success with your projects.

Maxim Riabichev
PC Software Support Engineer
Post edited by Maxim Riabichev on

Comments

• Maxim Riabichev
    edited January 2022
    Options

FAQ

Q: I just registered an account but when I try to log in it says that "This account can not be accessed." Why?
    A: Before you can access your account it has to be approved by a moderator. This usually takes less than a day, but could take longer if you created an account during a weekend. This process is in place to keep the user forums clear from bots and other malicious actors.

Q: My account just got approved, but when I create a new thread it doesn't appear in the forum. How come?
    A: When you create a new account a verification email is sent to your email address. Before creating a new thread you must verify your email. Make sure to check potential spam folders where the verification email may sometimes end up.

Q: I created a thread and my question was answered, but I cannot mark the reply as a correct answer. How come?
    A: The red button labeled New Discussion has a small arrow on its right. If you click the arrow you will get a couple more selections for the type of thread you are about to create. Select "Ask a Question" and you will be able to mark a post as an answer to your question.
    Post edited by Maxim Riabichev on

Maxim Riabichev
    PC Software Support Engineer
This discussion has been closed.