RobotStudio event

Error 50395 Too long programmed move

Hi!.

I'm working with an older irb2400 with rw 5.16

The problem I have is that if a move takes more than 10 minutes, it changes the speed. 
So when we weld a big axle the programmed move can take hours. But it makes it in 10 minutes. We can work around the problem by splitting the move. But that is far from opitmal in some cases. 

In RobotStudio it says
50395: Too long programmed move.
This move it too long for the programmed speed. The numerical resolution in the path planning is not enough.

Everyone I asked has never heard of this problem, and no hits if I google "50395 Too long programmed move".

We also have a newer irb4400 with rw 6 and we dont any problem with this.

Does anyone know anything about this? 
Is it a setting within the robot? And if so can it be changed?
Is it related to RW 5?

Comments

• Are you using Arcware or a home made welding program?
    Lee Justice
  • We use a home made programs, it doesn't have arcware,
  • That is what I suspected.  If you can calculate the required time of travel then maybe it will work if you use the optional time component of the move instruction.
    Lee Justice
  • I can try that.

Do you have any idea why we have this problem och our older IRB2400 RW5.16?

We don't have any issues with or IRB4400 with RW6. We use the same home made program but the robot is equipped with arcware. It has absolute accuracy too, if that has anything to do with it.
  • The difference might be in the baseware.  There ought to be some accompanying suggestions, like system parameters that you can change to alleviate the error.
    Lee Justice
  • This is the error message I get.

• Hmmm, I see.  I was expecting that it might tell you to adjust the path resolution, maybe.
    Lee Justice
  • The limitation you mentioned is called max time for a segment, and the value is different depending on RobotWare version.
  • Okey, is there any way of knowing what the max time is for a RobotWare version? We are looking at buying a refurbished robot and we want one that doesn't have this issue. 

I did some testing on my virtual studios. On the IRB2400 RW5.16 604 seconds is max, with 605 seconds i get the warning message 50395. I tried overriding the path resolution with this command:
    PathResol 400;
    then the max time change to 2419 seconds. More then that I got the same 50395 message.

I did the same test on the IRB440 RW6 and I programmed a move that take 300 000 000 seconds and I got no warning message from it.

• The max. time for a segment that I know is as follows. RW5.0x: 4 min, RW5.1x: 10 min and RW6.x: 40 minutes.