RobotStudio event

Abb 1400 problem

Hi,

When starting abb 1400 i get low battery 1. Press any key to continue...

The next screen get we get stuck,
WAIT! The system is starting up

BOOT=iocbase-vr001-010510-1002...

The motor light flashes 3 seconds green, then it is off and this is it.

Any help please? Is changing battery a must for system to start?

Best regards!

Comments

• what version of controller 
  • Hi,

M2000

• Sorry, made a mistake, M98 is controller
  • graemepaulin
    edited May 2021
    So this is a S4C controller where there are two batteries in the controller?

The batteries keep the RAM memory intact if they are both empty then you will have to do a cold start every time you turn off the power as the RAM memory is lost.
    It might be that the RAM memory is not fully cleared - unplug the batteries and wait several minutes then power on.
    You will need your set of floppy disks to reload the system.
  • Yes, this is it, s4c with 2 batteries

Yes, this is the problem, i dont have the set of floppy disks. hmmm

But before it "freezes" it give just that battery 1 is low. So i hope just this one is empty. Would replacing it help?

Thanks for help
  • graemepaulin
    edited May 2021
    -If the second battery is still good then replacing it will not help your current issue, but you should get it replaced before the other one goes flat.
    -What are the LEDs on the circuit boards doing - on solid, flashing, off, etc?
    -What do you mean by the motor light flashes - is this the motor on lamp on the front of the controller or an LED inside the controller?
    -Can you post a photo of the screen where it is hanging?
  • As seen in pictures , on this screen it stops, motor light goes off ...
  • ThThis is first screen when starting robot controller...T

• As the system is doing a warm start the second battery appears to be working.
    I would get a replacement for battery one  as soon as possible as when the second battery is used up you will have to have a set of disks to reload the system.

I could only find a couple of cases in our internal ABB support database with a reference to hanging on this iocbase... screen.
    It appears this is to do with the memory and the first step is to turn the controller off and pull the card out - waiting for several minutes for the RAM to clear - then reinserting it (or disconnect the batteries).
    But this will force a cold start as the battery is keeping the RAM memory alive when the power is off- and you do not have the disks.

What is the system serial number?
    There may be a copy in our robot database for that system.
  • I hope this is the right serial ?
  • It should start with 14-xxxx or 1400-xxxx and be on a sliver label on the controller and robot
  • Hope this is the right one, plates are no more on robot or controller. This is in documentation.
    Serial number is 14-10305
  • Yes this is the serial number - the database shows it in Slovenia so that looks correct.
    Unfortunately the key disk was not uploaded in this case.

These old controllers are officially not supported any more so I am not sure if your local ABB would be able to purchase a new key disk from aftersales.
  • So i am screwed ? :)
  • I will ask the question regarding key disks for these old systems and get back to you.
  • Thank you for all your help!
  • ABB global aftersales confirm that is possible to purchase a key for this robot serial number.
    You will need to contact your local ABB = servi@si.abb.com or +386 51390410.