RobotStudio event

How prevent users from deleting modules in teach pendant

How do I prevent users from deleting certain modules in teach pendant. We have an instructional lab where multiple students use teach pendant to program robots. There are some modules which contains code for integrated vision demos. 

I tried setting the attribute "NOVIEW" to the program module. I can still see and delete this from the teach pendant. I also tried changing the program module to system module with "NOVIEW" attribute. I can still delete the module from teach pendant. 

How can I restrict access to this module?
Tagged:

Best Answers

• innebandy
    innebandy ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    User Authorization System might be the answer in your case. UAS defines the correct access level for each user, protects the system from unauthorized usage. Refer to RobotStudio manuals for details.
  • lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    If you declare it as a system module and set the attribute READONLY, NOVIEW or READONLY, that will help.
    Lee Justice

Answers

• innebandy said:
    User Authorization System might be the answer in your case. UAS defines the correct access level for each user, protects the system from unauthorized usage. Refer to RobotStudio manuals for details.
    Thanks. I was thinking about UAS too. Is there any simpler way without setting up UAS? Does converting the program module to a system module with NOVIEW attribute really hide it in flexpendant? Looks like I can still see the system modules in flexpendant and delete them. 
  • I have setup the UAS by creating a new usergroup and applying appropriate permissions. The users of this group cant delete a module. However, they can go into the module, see and delete routines inside the module. Is there a solution to prevent this?
  • Thanks for the suggestion Lemster. I will try that. On a related note, how to encode a module? 
  • You would have to have the software.  If what you have is to be considered an option you could request a license for making your option.  This stuff is covered in the additional options manual.
    Lee Justice