RobotStudio event

RWS with a real controller (OmniCore)

Options
andreacarl6
edited November 2021 in OmniCore
Hello, I'm trying to use the RWS to comunicate with a REAL OmniCore controller.
As first I requested the mastership (or the rmmp in manual) but I obtained the following error:
requests.exceptions.SSLError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='155.185.56.242', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /users/rmmp (Caused by SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: self signed certificate (_ssl.c:1131)')))

Post edited by Maxim Riabichev on
Tagged:

Answers

• Maxim Riabichev
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Hello there,

RWS on OmniCore doesn't accept Self-Signed Certificates.

Once you get your hands on a Trusted CA Certificate, you can upload it to the controller via RobotStudio as long as it's in the .PEM format.

I believe you can generate a CA Certificate via https://letsencrypt.org/

Maxim Riabichev
    PC Software Support Engineer
  • Thanks for the reply. I have no experience with certificates so I'm trying to find out about it. I'm trying to generate the certificate via command line from a Linux terminal. Assuming I have generated the correct certificate, where should the certificate be uploaded? Under controller - properties - manage certificates I have the following tab.

Do you have a standard procedure to generate the correct certificate? because via https://letsencrypt.org/ is not so clear.
    Thanks

• Hello andreacarl6,

Unfortunately, I haven't tried this myself yet.

All I know is that you need to replace the self-signed certificate in rws_store with a trusted CA certificate. 

Make sure it's in .pem format, meaning the file should contain RSA Private Key and the Certificate in one file.

So it should look something like this:

------------BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----------
    Bunch of letters and numbers
    ------------END RSA PRIVATE KEY------------
    ------------BEGIN CERTIFICATE--------------
    Bunch of letters and numbers
    ------------END CERTIFICATE----------------

Perhaps you can find a youtube guide on how to work with letsencrypt?

Good luck! :smile:

Best regards,
    Maxim

Maxim Riabichev
  • andreacarl6 did you manage to get the CA? I'm facing the same problem at the moment. 
  • I solved the problem: the certificate is not needed. Just disable certificate verification when creating the session. If you use Postman to test the services do as in the image. Since I use the services through a Python wrapper I have set the “verify” parameter of the session to FALSE. All it’s working perfectly.

• Maxim Riabichev
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this information with the community @andreacarl6!

For testing purposes I'm sure this will come in handy for many users out there.

However, please consider the security implications if you decide to take this route in a production environment. 

Maxim Riabichev
  • Of course!, in a production environment it's essential to use a certificate. Thank you for the clarification!
  • andreacarl6
    That helped a lot.