RobotStudio event

Finding meters moved

Options
Is there a Function or Method currently in the IRC5 when using additional axis to find how many meters it has traveled? I have a Robot on a 7th axis and need to run a lubricator every 2 km.
Thanks in advance
Alan

Best Answer

• lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The only thing that I can think of right now would be a background task that periodically samples the position on the track and adds it to a running tally.  I am not sure if you had SIS option that it would monitor an external axis.
    Lee Justice

Answers

• Thanks bud. What do you know about --GetAxisDistance - Get the traversed distance counter of the axis-- and SIS setup to enable or Needed?
    Not sure and the manual is unclear
  • lemster68
    Options
    I will have to take a look.
    Lee Justice
  • lemster68
    Options
    That function is newer, I had not seen it before.  It looks like it is one that could fit what you need quite well.  The Sis operating manual I have is for RW 6, it only mention calendar time, hours and Gearbox.  But I did see that it can be used for an external axes.
    Lee Justice
  • JHID
    Options
    lemster68 said:
    That function is newer, I had not seen it before.  It looks like it is one that could fit what you need quite well.  The Sis operating manual I have is for RW 6, it only mention calendar time, hours and Gearbox.  But I did see that it can be used for an external axes.
    Lee what is the name of the PDF that you are referring to "3HA....."
  • lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Options
    It is 3HAC050917-001 Revision: F, RAPID Instructions, functions and Datatypes, RW 6.06
    Lee Justice