RobotStudio event

Do system inputs work in manual simulation?

Hi everyone.

im doing a school project which a consists in a machine and a robot.

the robot does 2 different movements depending on what the machine is doing  and the output it sends.

besides the normal inputs, I added a system input with the purpose of “stop”, which is activated when someone presses  the e-button on the machine.

simulating on robotstudio works as intended. when simulated(pressed) the robot stops its movement and the program.

however, when trying on the real robot, all the inputs worked except the system input, in manual mode.

We had not the opportunity to test the program in automatic, and in manual and simulating the inputs, so my guess is that it may not work on manual.

am I right or is there something more to it?

thank you 

Comments

• lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    System inputs do not work in manual mode.  If the behavior needs to be the same in manual, then you must wire it into the safety chain.  General stop or E-stop.
    Lee Justice
  • lemster68 said:
    System inputs do not work in manual mode.  If the behavior needs to be the same in manual, then you must wire it into the safety chain.  General stop or E-stop.
    Just as I thought.

No, the behavior is not required in manual mode. We were just testing to see if the inputs were well connected. 

Either way, I’ll look in to your suggestion as well

Thanks very much!