RobotStudio event

Help with IRC5 M2004 Computer Board That Wont Boot

Options
Hi,

We have a computer board in an IRC5 M2204 controller that does not seem to boot from the CF Card. We are trying to diagnose and fix the root cause rather then replace the whole board.

I was able to read the contents of the CF card in my PC so presumably it is ok. 

Our electronics guy was able to solder on a VGA connector and access the BIOS and see that it was booting. Eventually displaying "V1.6 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++"

Just wondering what options I have to try and fix this. Can I purchase any industrial CF card of similar size and rebuild the operating system? 

Looks like it's using RobotWare 5.12.4003 look at the contents of the CF card.

It's possible it might be working now and we havent put it back together but initially we where getting no activity light on the CF Card. I tried the CF card in both of the CF card slots.

I would appreciate any advice on how to diagnose this further. I have pretty good experience on PC's and technical issues.

Thanks,

Comments

• antsrealm
    Options
    Further analysis from the electronics guy is that one of the buck converters on the board that creates the 5V rail is not always getting up to voltage and a possible issue. He has since had intermittent issues getting it to boot.