RobotStudio event

Custom system parameter

Options
I am creating a RW Add-in and I wonder if it is possible to have custom system parameters for some of the setting for my Add-in.

Today all settings are stored in persistent variables, and while that works fine, I just think it would be more clean to have system parameters for some of my settings.

For now I use RW 6, but if there is a difference I am also curious about RW 7
//Markus Näslund

Answers

• Tompanhuhu
    Options
    You can create custom systemparameters in the system with your addin.
    It's well explained in the manual with examples of different datatypes (picklist, bool, array). 
    I have attached the manual for you. 

I also attached 3HAC070207-001.pdf which is for RW7. 

To read the values of these parameters you use standard rapid instruction ReadCfgData. 

Good luck!
    Systemintegrator - Web / C# / Rapid / Robotstudio

If I helped, please press Vote Up  :smile:
  • You can create custom systemparameters in the system with your addin.
    It's well explained in the manual with examples of different datatypes (picklist, bool, array). 
    I have attached the manual for you. 

I also attached 3HAC070207-001.pdf which is for RW7. 

To read the values of these parameters you use standard rapid instruction ReadCfgData. 

Good luck!
    Thank you, 

However, I am not sure if I think it is very well explained at all. I had already checked the manual before asking here, and I have tried making some parameters with guidance from the manual, but I just can't get it to work.

Let's say I want to create a parameter that lets my addin code know if and how a certain procedure should run.
    We can call the parameter RunProcA and the value could range from 0 to 2 depending on how the procedure should run. Now from the manual I figured out that the parameter should look something like this '-name "RunProcA" -value 1'

So, here are the specific questions that I cannot find in the manual.
    • Which domain do I use? Is there a specific one that I must use or can I choose freely? The ones I have tried does not work.
    • Which type? Again, can I just name my own type or must I choose from existing types? I always get Illegal type name - error if I try to set my own type
    Any help is greatly appreciated as, at least for me, the manual does not cover it.

//Markus Näslund
  • Tompanhuhu
    Options
    Hi Markus, please see attached photo's if it's something like this you are looking for. 

• Tompanhuhu
    Options
    PROC:CFG_1.0:6:0::
    #
    HUHUH_SETTINGS:

-name "Tompanhuhu's string" -HuhuhSelectList "TOMPANHUH"\
          -RunningSignal "doVirtual_02" -StartSignal "diVirtual_4"
    Thats the PROC.cfg file when exported from the controller.

To answer your questions.
    • Which domain do I use? Is there a specific one that I must use or can I choose freely? The ones I have tried does not work.
    I have never had problems using freely that domain to use. 
    I can even create my own topics. 

• Which type? Again, can I just name my own type or must I choose from existing types? I always get Illegal type name - error if I try to set my own type

Types can be bool,string,int,double,combobox or radiobutton selection.