RobotStudio event

Subscription to motionpointer change doesn't work for one of our robots, works for all others

Quint
Quint
edited March 2022 in Developer Tools
Hi,

We have one robot on which the subscription to the Motion Pointer change doesn't work, we have 7 robots on which our code works fine. What could be going wrong?

Below is the error response we get from the robot after a subscription request.
The signals DI_limitSwitchWAGO and DO_triggerWeld are supposed to be failing.

<div class="status">

<a href="/rw/iosystem/signals/DI_limitSwitchWAGO;state" rel="self"> </a>

<a href="/rw/iosystem/signals/DO_triggerWeld;state" rel="self"> </a>

<a href="/rw/rapid/symbol/data/RAPID/T_ROB1/Labelling/arcFailed;value" rel="self"> </a>

<a href="/rw/rapid/tasks/T_ROB1/pcp;motionpointerchange" rel="self"> </a>

<span class="code">-1073445866</span>

<span class="msg">Invalid resource URI in Create Subscription request</span>

</div>
I know for a fact that the URI /rw/rapid/tasks/T_ROB1/pcp;motionpointerchange is correct, since the exact same code is working for all our other robots. Also the tasks have the same name.

PS, putting XML stuff in the code formatting on this forum kinda breaks stuff

Tagged:

Comments

• How does this particular robot differ from the rest? What RW is it running, etc?

Maxim Riabichev
    PC Software Support Engineer
  • All our robots are RW 6.11 or higher. The relevant robot had 6.11.02 and we updated it to 6.13.1 to see if it was bug that was already fixed, but the issue still persists.

This particular robot model is different from our other robots, IRB 6700 vs IRB 2600ID but they all use the same controller version (IRC5). I don't think the robot model should matter here, right?

Other than that some robots have different options, like different IO systems and such, but nothing that makes me believe that could be the issue. I have attached a picture to compare two of our robots, the right one (Robot 7) is the one with the issue.

• Does any RWS request work with this robot?

Maxim Riabichev
  • Absolutely, we subscribe to quite a few rws signals and they all work (except the two noted above, of course). Also other RWS get and post requests work
  • Alright.

Well, unfortunately, I can't from the top of my head see the reason for this behavior, and would advise you to contact your local ABB for further assistance.

Maxim Riabichev
  • By the way, are you able to reproduce this issue on a virtual controller as well?

Maxim Riabichev
  • Hi Maxim, thanks for your help on this. I'm not able to reproduce this on a virtual controller (based on a backup of the robot, same RW version). So that's quite interesting. I'll contact our local ABB contact.
  • That is indeed interesting.

Please do update this thread whenever you find a resolution (for future reference).

Good luck!

Maxim Riabichev