RobotStudio event

Has anybody else experienced that the output window in the Rapid editor behaves differently??

skumtomte
skumtomte
edited August 2021 in UpFeed
Hi! 
This may not categorize as a bug but more as an minor inconvenience..

I usually have the output window, in the bottom of the screen in the rapid editor, set to Auto Hide, since it at least in the earlier versions of Robotstudio showed it self when it had something new to display. All adder times it remained hidden. 

Since I updated to Robot Studio 2021.2 it no longer comes forward when a new error messages is displayed. Not a huge deal but will take some time to get use to looking at a static window instead of the old behavior that almost function as a popup that clearly displayed errors and warnings. 

Anybody else experiencing it?   

Best Answer

• Maxim Riabichev
    Answer ✓
    Hello,

The auto-scrolling to latest event seems to work, unless you've manually scrolled up to some previous event. Then it doesn't auto-scroll, until you manually scroll down to latest event again.

Does anyone have reproduction steps for a scenario where it doesn't?

Maxim Riabichev
    PC Software Support Engineer

Answers

• Hello Skumtomte,

If possible, could you please record a video of the unwanted behavior and upload it/link to it here?

Thanks!

Maxim Riabichev
  • This may not categorize as a bug but more as an minor inconvenience..

I usually have the output window, in the bottom of the screen in the rapid editor, set to Auto Hide, since it at least in the earlier versions of Robotstudio showed it self when it had something new to display. All adder times it remained hidden. 

Since I updated to Robot Studio 2021.2 it no longer comes forward when a new error messages is displayed. Not a huge deal but will take some time to get use to looking at a static window instead of the old behavior that almost function as a popup that clearly displayed errors and warnings. 

Anybody else experiencing it?   
    After you mentioned this I have noticed this as well. It does not refresh to most recent event message as always and you must scroll down to the latest event message.
  • I've seen the same behaviour as the previous poster: no automatic scrolling down anymore.
  • Hello again! 
    Sorry for a very late reply. I have attached two ziped .MP4 screen recordings of RS 2019.5 and RS 2021.3.1 both are 64 bit versions and recorded on the same system right after each adder. 

The program behaves as wanted in 2019.5 version but not in 2021.3.1. 
  • Hello!

I will bring this to R&D's attention in the beginning of 2022.

Thanks!

Maxim Riabichev
  • Thank you for your feedback!  :)  
  • Hello! 
    The issue with the output window seems to persist in Robot Studio 2022.1 unfortunately.. 
  • Yes I agree, this is very annoying.
    -----------------
    David
    Swedish freelance ABB robot programmer
  • Hello there,

This issue is currently in the backlog. 

Maxim Riabichev
  • Hello! 

Thank you for finally fixing this! It feels good that somebody at ABB is actually reading these forums and eventually updates the software from community based feedback. Even though this particular issue can be characterized as a minor inconvenience. 
  • Update:
    The issue with the output window not popping up on errors has been resolved in the version 2023.1 release of RobotStudio.
    The issue with the output window not automatically scrolling with events is not reproducible (so no fixes were necessary).

Snippet from release notes:

Output window not automatically shown when errors occur
    ---
    Fixed a regression where the Output window would not be shown if it was set to Auto-Hide and an error message was logged.

Maxim Riabichev