RobotStudio event

Angular Measurements in Robot Studio

Hello

Please could I get some help, I'm really struggling with the Angle measurement tool.  In the attached, I know the angle of impingement is set at 45°.. I can't find the correct combination on the selection priority for the three points needed to prove this..

It's easy, for say the corner of the box... 90°.. first point the corner using Edge priority, points 2 and 3 can be mid point or edge.. 

Answers

• Hi FiveFootSixFoot

There is an Add-In called "Measure Surface Angle" that is free under the Add-Ins tab.
    It lets you pick 2 surfaces and gives you the angle between them; note that when you select a curved surface it will use the plane tangent to where you clicked, so if you select the shroud of the torch, try to pick a point  along the centre line of the shroud. 

The other alternative if you need perfect accuracy and know the plane of the surface would be to use the robtarget.rot quarternion data to calculate your exact rotation angle but that wouldn't be simple. 

Hope this helps,

Harry
  • Thanks very much for that Harry, just installed it, Cheers.
  • Hello,
    I have the same problem. I think this will solve may problem, but I could not find this app in Add-Ins tab. My version of RS is 22.2.10013.1. I am beginner user of RS. Could you help me?

Michał

• ABB no longer offers useful third-party tools.
    You can read more here:
    https://forums.robotstudio.com/discussion/13528/robotapps-website-has-reached-its-end-of-life
    Systemintegrator - Web / C# / Rapid / Robotstudio

If I helped, please press Vote Up  :smile:
  • I have the addin in question installed on my computer.
    It looks like it's an ABB addin   <ApplicationId>com.abb.fi.rssurfaceangle</ApplicationId>
    The author is keijo.a.hannula@fi.abb.com.

Maybe ABB can add it to the addins page?
    Systemintegrator - Web / C# / Rapid / Robotstudio

If I helped, please press Vote Up  :smile:
  • Unfortunately, it doesn't look like that person is with ABB any longer. Which is probably the reason that particular addin is not already in RobotApps.

Maxim Riabichev
    PC Software Support Engineer
  • Tnank you Tompanhuhu for your quick response.

Michał
  • For my application (shot peening) - I eventually just imported a conical model/geometry that represents the shot stream and attached it to my nozzle.  the TCP for a shot stream being at the centre of the largest face of the cone.  I was then able to take angular measurements.  

Still, some inspection tools in RS would be great.