RobotStudio event

Digital Input Monitoring

Options
Hello,

I am programming an ABB IRC5 FlexArc welding cell with a 1660ID robot. I want to be able to monitor input signals from a prox sensor on my fixture to determine if they are working properly. Right now I have an issue where a sensor becomes "stuck" on, and when the line in the program checks the signal it appears to be good, when it actually isn't. I was thinking about using a registry to monitor it but I'm curious if there is an easier way.

Thank You

Answers

• lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Options
    That would be kind of difficult to handle programmatically.  Perhaps you might consider a different sensor type will will be less prone to failing to be off when it should indeed be off, and vice versa.
    Lee Justice
  • graemepaulin
    Options
    If you had the Multitasking option in a separate task ( probably static or semi static so it continues to run when the main task is stopped) you could write some code to set a variable  (or maybe a virtual IO bit) once the sensors had all gone off after the end of the welding cycle (when the part is removed), the main welding program check this variable was true before welding, it gets reset by the main weld program at some coinvent point.
  • mandolas
    Options
    hi ...
    In the RS have the tool 'signal analyser'.
    This tool not solve your problem?