RobotStudio event

TCP/IP Socket Connection with IRC5

YuMi_Beginner
edited November 2016 in RAPID Programming
Hello everybody,
We're planning to connect our IRC5 controller via TCP/IP socket connection to Beckhoff TwinCat on an IPC. Is there anyone having experience in that topic. Is there some good documentation/ tutorial/ examples available? I didn't find that much in the ABB documentations.
Do you know if it's possible to execute as well system events (like Motors ON, Start Program) as sending data (like strings) via TCP/IP Socket Connection.
Thanks for your help!
Best regards.

Comments

• Hi,

I have once created socket connection to talk to Allen Bradley plc and it works. It should also be applicable in your case. Module is attached below. Hope this helps.

• Hi,
    thanks for your answer, it's good to see a working example. Am I right in assuming that this task was a second task running parallel to the movements task?
  • Yes. It is on a different task running parallel.
  • It must be establish at least two task:one is for socket and another is used for controling the robot? I want to know why? and I want to know if using c++programming in a pc can control the robot by socket message without pc sdk(I do not want to using c#), who knows ,tell me, thank you
  • techieme said:
    Hi,

I have once created socket connection to talk to Allen Bradley plc and it works. It should also be applicable in your case. Module is attached below. Hope this helps.

Any documentation regarding this program? 
  • It's a long shot as this is a super old thread, but Techieme do you have any Ladder for that code for the PLC you could share?