RobotStudio event

Is this a bug in RS 2022.2?

KatharinaSabine_
edited September 2022 in RobotStudio
Hello everyone,

I am trying to set up a system with different external axis, which function as a 7th axis for the robot(s). For the beginning i just started with one external axis and one robot. The external axis was created with the external axis wizard 2022.1. For several reasons I linked the task coordinate system to the robot's base. I although want to have a fixed reference for my robot points, which I'd like to reach with the robot. Therefore, I used a work object. This work object is not attached to or moved by the robot or the external axis. 

The problem that occurs is, that the work object moves, if the external axis is moved. It is not possible to fixate the work object by the given settings. When i create the points for a robot path, which are linked to a workobject (wobj0 or mine), the points also move when the external axis moves.

Can anybody help me with this problem?
Thanks in advance!

Answers

• Please share a snip of the work object definition, either from the RAPIOD or RobotStudio
  • KatharinaSabine_
    edited September 2022
    Hello,
    thanks for your respond. Below is the definition of the workobject wNull.

MODULE CalibData
        PERS tooldata tWeldingTorch:=[TRUE,[[85.999,0,464.099],[0.951285473,0,0.308311449,0]],[5,[0,0,50],[1,0,0,0],0,0,0]];
        TASK PERS wobjdata wNull:=[FALSE,TRUE,"",[[2275.5,12653.2,-882],[0.707106781,0,0,-0.707106781]],[[0,0,0],[1,0,0,0]]];
    ENDMODULE

Thanks for helping me. Greetings from Germany!
  • That confirms defined correctly for a stationary workobject.
    So is related to the TaskFrame being moved by the track - as shown in the below graphic:-

• Is there no option to place the working object in the world so it doesn't move around?
  • That would be the normal case for a workobject - you have to connect it to a mechanism for it to move with it.

So I suspect it is to do with - " I linked the task coordinate system to the robot's base"
  • I did not link it to anything but i guess it is connected to the task coordinate system, which moves due to the link to the external axis.
    Yes, thats what i meant. A collegue of mine told me that it once was possible for the work object to stay fixed in the world coordinates although the task cooridnate system of the robot moved.

Does anyone else - other than my collegue - remember that it was possible once?
    I have no clue how to solve this issue because all the robot poses are moving with it and are therefore often not reachable when i change the external axis.
  • I think i solved my issue. When i configured the controller I chose to orientate my task coordinate system towards the robot system. This was my mistake. While the task coordinate system would move with the robot and the robot moves with the external axis there is no possibility for a fixed work object. 

Now, with a fixed coordinate system, the robot can still move with the external axis via the base frame but the work object is fixed within world coordinates.

Thanks for your help!
  • Great news - thanks for uploading your solution