RobotStudio event

Obstacle Avoidance

Hello,
Is there a way for doing obstacle avoidance with some instructions/controller options? 
I know about obstacle avoidance option, but this just check for possible collisions and in this case it stops the motion. What I mean is if there is something that, given a MoveJ instruction to a certain point and the obstacle positions and volumes, computes a collision free trajectory (like what you can do on RobotStudio with the tool "Create collision free-path").
Thank you!

Comments

• Hello there!

What you're asking would be the next generation of robot controllers.

With the help of external sensors (cameras etc.) these robot controllers would be capable of keeping track of all possible movable objects in the cell and dynamically generate and run a program for optimized and collision free execution of a given task.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe that any robot manufacturer has solved this "problem" yet.

Maxim Riabichev
    PC Software Support Engineer
  • As far as I know you are right.
    They told me is possible to do something like this through ROS.
  • @Maxim Riabichev Only application like this that I’ve heard about is the Keyence bin picking solution in which the software generate a collision free path in and out of the pallet.

With the latest improvements in RS and RW, it feels like a similar function is within reach for ABB, but I might under estimate the technical challanges.
    -----------------
    David
    Swedish freelance ABB robot programmer