RobotStudio event

RobotApps website has reached its end of life

Maxim Riabichev
edited December 2022 in RobotApps
Hello all,

RobotApps website has reached its end of life.

If you wish to continue sharing content with the ABB Robotics Community, this category of the ABB Robotics User Forums is the place to do so.

Please read the read-me regarding how to post your RobotApps content on the user forums.

Thank you.

Maxim Riabichev
PC Software Support Engineer
Post edited by Maxim Riabichev on

Comments

• DenisFR
    DenisFR ✭✭✭
    Hello,

Thus, they will no longer be available in the RobotApps tab?

• Hello Denis.

Only content created by ABB will be available via the RobotApps tab in RobotStudio.

Maxim Riabichev
  • DenisFR
    DenisFR ✭✭✭
    Hello,

Very bad news...
  • i suspect that will effectively kill off community content
  • Hello Denis.

Only content created by ABB will be available via the RobotApps tab in RobotStudio.
    This is indeed terrible news, Will future version of RobotStudio have the features that are being removed? e.g. fencing models, WorldZone visualisation, logic blocks, etc?
  • Hello there,

All content that exists today in RobotApps, and was created by ABB, will still be available after the closure of RobotApps.

All the content that you have previously downloaded, will still be available for you in RobotStudio.

It will still be possible to share RobotApps content (such as WorldZones addin) via the user forums.

Maxim Riabichev
  • well looks like you've successfully killed off user generated content!
  • spg666 said:
    well looks like you've successfully killed off user generated content!
    I agree, thanks for making my job harder as there is no guarding add in tool, coordinate translation, etc
  • This was the worst decision ever. Do you have a copy of what was there? There are so many tools I was using very frequently.
  • Go to wayback machine, an internet archive site.  Paste this into the search bar:
    https://robotapps.robotstudio.com//
    You may be able to find some of those that you were using.
    Lee Justice

• Only content created by ABB will be available via the RobotApps tab in RobotStudio.

The problem is: some of these Add-Ins are developed by ABB but aren't available on RobotStudio's RobotApps. For example, ABB developed an open-source Robot Operating System (ROS) driver (https://github.com/ros-industrial/abb_robot_driver) for EGM and RWS. However, it relies on the StateMachine Add-In. I can't find that for my life, and they kept referring to RobotApps Add-ins to download the drivers. Is there any way I can still get those?

• Well that makes moving to Visual components all the more prudent
  • Hello, on the RobotStudio 2023.4 has dissapeared a lot of RobotApps such as Virtual Human. Whats the way to get them now? 

Un saludokind regards,

Daniel Aguilar

Automation Engineering

• Hello Daguilar,

The Virtual Human has been discontinued which is why it has been removed.

Maxim Riabichev