RobotStudio event

Offset Workobjects

Options
I am building a fixture with 4 stations in a square. The 4 parts are identical. I want to only program one and Offset the others. I am thinking of using a Workobject Offset. Is this my best choice? If so could someone give me a basic example?  I use a lot of basic "Pose" X,Y,Z Offsets now but they are not Workobject Offsets. 

Answers

• lemster68
    Options
    What are you doing with the parts?  Picking and placing?  Welding on them (MIG or Spot)?
    Lee Justice
  • ollitap
    Options
    I am welding them

• ollitap
    Options
    Sorry, mig welding
  • lemster68
    Options
    OK.  Something I did not think to ask is this:  are they all placed in a "perfect" X or Y plane from the robot or are they "imperfect" in that they are at some angle or deviate from being uniformly spaced?
    Lee Justice
  • ollitap
    Options
    I would say that they are as good as it gets. My fixture is a Large Square with 4 smaller squares that have fixtures in them. Top left / Top right. / Lower left / Lower right.  Does that make sense?
  • lemster68
    Options
    It does.  You could teach the first workobject and part, then teach the other three workobjects just the same and call the same points with their respective workobjects.  If you find a deviation, you could tweak in the workobject data to fine tune the other parts, if necessary.
    Lee Justice
  • ollitap
    Options
    so you are saying make 4 workobjects?   It does make sense to me to do it that way. What about making my first work object and just typing in the numbers for the remaining 3?

• lemster68
    Options
    That is fine if you have good measurements for their offset from the first.  The robot is real good at measuring, btw.  I have done similar, after ensuring that I have an accurate tcp.
    Lee Justice