RobotStudio event

View actual load of a robot

Hello everyone,
on a robot (a 2600 with irc5 controller), Is it possible to monitor the current workload ? For example, if the robot is 12 kg, can I see the percentage of its maximum force that it is using?

Thanks a lot
regards
Nicola
Tagged:

Comments

• Hallo,
    there is a loadid-routine to measure the current load.
    See rapid-manual.
  • Thanks matti for the answer. I search in the Rapid manual but I don't find nothing to get that info. Have you got same example/indication? 

thanks
    Nicola
  • Oh okay, I had understood that function would allow me to define the load after calculating it in some other way, not that it would allow me to derive the current load. I'll try it and update you, thanks!

Nicola
  • Can I ask for another piece of information? Is there any way to know, while the robot is working, what percentage of the maximum force it is using? For example, if at 50% of the speed I'm at 80% of the maximum load, I won't be able to reach 100% without overloading the robot. Is there any function that gives me this value? Thank you.

Nicola
  • Not exactly what you are looking for: You could try (RAPID version dependent) the GetTorqueMargin function for each axis. If the used RAPID version does not have that function perhaps the GetMotorTorque function would suffice.

RAPID Reference Manual can help.
  • SomeTekk said:
    Not exactly what you are looking for: You could try (RAPID version dependent) the GetTorqueMargin function for each axis. If the used RAPID version does not have that function perhaps the GetMotorTorque function would suffice.

RAPID Reference Manual can help.
    @s@SomeTekk
    Have you tried GetTorqueMargin?

I once made a "poor mans force control" with GetMotorTorque, but can't get my head around how GetTorqueMargin works and what the returned num value represents. 
    -----------------
    David
    Swedish freelance ABB robot programmer
  • I have not tried the GetTorqueMargin function. The controllers in this facility are not using the required RW version.

My GUESS:
    From the manual 'The least torque margin in % available torque since ResetTorqueMargin was executed.' suggests to me how close to the setting of the stress duty cycle moc.cfg parameter Torque Absolute Max was reached. E.g. the Torque Absolute Max for some manipulator's axis is 300NM, and the returned GetTorqueMargin is 10, that could mean that the highest torque on the measured axis is 90% of its limit. 300NM X 0.9 = a torque of 270NM was placed on said axis.

I have seen values in the Torque Absolute Max field for external axes, but I do not believe ABB allows changes for axes of articulated arms and consequently doesn't make them visible in parameters.

Of course it's likely I am COMPLETELY wrong.  :/