RobotStudio event

Creating Collision free path with Robotware 5.15

wibban
wibban
edited March 2023 in RobotStudio
I was trying to use the "Collision Free Path" function but it only gives me error message "Collision free path generation failed".

What I learned when troubleshooting, either it is beacuse I'm using IRB6640 or it's beacuse the controller is running robotware 5.15.

Nothing in the documentation says about it's limited to robotware 6+.

Is there a fix for this or?
Tagged:

Answers

• Hello,

There aren't any RW limitations for CFP and the robot models that aren't supported have an indicator showing that they aren't supported.

Meaning the error is caused by something else.

You can verify this by trying to reproduce the issue with another robot model and/or RW6.x+

Maxim Riabichev
    PC Software Support Engineer
  • Hi,
    I've tested some more. Same robot model with RW6.x+ is working. 

When trying to create a fresh controller with RW.5.15 then the RW5.15 option from the selection list disapears. Only some smaller robots like IRB 52 can have RW 5.15. Those robots are showed "not supported" when trying to make a CFP like you mention.

What I did for the original robot with RW5.15 is that I had the controller created from a backup.
    So I can't fully verify if it's the rw5.15 thats causing the problem.

Why can't I create a controller with all the others robot models with rw5.15?
  • I've spoken to R&D about this question and they've said that RW5.x systems will be phased out from the project creation UI completely in the near future.

To create RW5.x systems system builder will have to be used.

Maxim Riabichev
  • Hi,
    Ok, I forgot about the system builder for RW5.x.

I've tested with a fresh controller with RW5.15.9147.14 with same IRB6640 180 kg 2,55m and with a different robot modell.

Both give me "Collision free path generation failed." error.

• Okay.

Please contact your local ABB via https://new.abb.com/contact-centers and report this as a potential bug.

Maxim Riabichev