RobotStudio event

Odd inputs for Positioner SmartComponent

Hello all,

First of all, I am new to RobotStudio. Thus, there may be a very logical answer to what I am about to say but I couldn't find it anywhere.

The problem is with the Positioner smart component within the Station Logic of the Simulation tab. I am trying to make a simulation where I can input an x and y coordinate which will move an object to a location (simulating a vision kit providing the x and y coordinates, after processing). So I set the numbers for the analog input signals (intended as mm), the controller interprets these numbers as mm so thats great! However, when putting these numbers in a vector (using the VectorConverter smart component) and providing this vector to the Positioner block, the numbers are multiplied by a 1000. It seems as if the Positioner block interprets the input vector in meters even though it requires vector values in milimeters.

This can of course be easily solved by dividing each of the signal values by a 1000 before vectorising. However, this seems like unnecessary work. I would assume that it is more logical that if you input a vector containing [100 ,100, 0] into the Positioner that it would interpret it as [100, 100, 0], rather than [100000, 100000,0].

I have added a picture so you can see what I mean.

Again, I am new to RobotStudio and the forum, I have tried to search for a solution or question about this but could not find it. 

Thankyou in advance!

Comments

• I have noticed this behaviour in other SmartComponents aswell. When setting a SurfaceVelocity in the PhysicsControl SmartComponent this is also the case. The parameter is set in mm/s but when I connect it with a variable it seems to be in m/s.

I have no idea why this is though.
  • After experimenting with it more I also noticed that orientation vectors get multiplied by 57.295. This seems even more strange and adds even more work when trying to design simulations.
  • After experimenting with it more I also noticed that orientation vectors get multiplied by 57.295. This seems even more strange and adds even more work when trying to design simulations.
    It seems like this happens because it expects radians as "input", and shows degrees as "output". (57.295 * 2π ≈ 360)