RobotStudio event

What is the definition of cfx in YuMi

Options
Hello, 
I am working with the YuMi manipulator but It is not obvious when the cfx parameters chage in the robot studio. please give me the information

Comments

• DenisFR
    DenisFR ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello,
    YuMi is a 7 axis serial link robot.
    Looking in RAPID Instruction, Functions and Data types (IRC5) help file at Data types - confdata:

7-axis serial link robots
    All four configuration parameters are used. cf1, cf4, cf6 for joints 1, 4, and 6 respectively. cfx is used to select one of 8 possible robot configurations similar to how it works for other robots.

cfx
     Axis 2 angle
     Wrist center relative to lower arm
     Axis 5 angle

Positive
     In front of
     Positive

Positive
     In front of
     Negative

Positive
     Behind
     Positive

Positive
     Behind
     Negative

Negative
     In front of
     Positive

Negative
     In front of
     Negative

Negative
     Behind
     Positive

Negative
     Behind
     Negative

• Thank you for your response, Actually now I do not understand what does it mean wrist center relative to the lower arm. what is the exact definition of lower arm, and the wrist center point in YuMi.
  • DenisFR
    DenisFR ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello,
    In RS, you can teach Target. Then in right click on it, you have a Configurations menu.

You have a list of possible configurations for teached position with a joint values for each.
    It seems that you have to represent arm like if axis 1 is on floor axis X oriented on top.
    So "In Front Of" is that TCP is upper than axis 2 line, and "Behind" is that TCP is lower.
  • Thank you for your kind response.
    And do you know what is the definition of lower arm in YuMi. I have tried to understand it but it was not possible for me.
  • DenisFR
    DenisFR ✭✭✭
    Options
    I think it is axis 2, the nearest (lower) to axis 1...