RobotStudio event

Gantry XYZ External Axis Configuration

Hi,

I have recently created a system with 3 external axes (XYZ linear axes) from backup, which was provided by ABB in Gothenburg. The external axis is a 3 axis gantry, where an IRB2400 is mounted. My problem is as follows:
  • The XYZ external axes are configured to move in +X, +Y and +Z. The +Z movement is towards the ground, which is contrary to the RS world coordinate system.
  • The 3 axis mechanism is setup to move in +X, +Y and +Z. However +Z movement is now away from the floor, which is according to the RS world coordinate system.
  • This mismatch causes problems when programming movements in the Z direction.
I have 2 questions:
  1. Is it possible to change the configuration of the external axis system, so that the Z movement is according to the RS world coordinate system?
  2. When creating a mechanism (RS 5.08), is it possible to define +Z movement towards the floor? (When I try, +Z is always away from the floor, according to the RS world coordinate system....)
Thanks in advance

neil2007-7-2 10:47:48

Comments

• Hi,

I have also tried to change the orientation of the mechanism frame, so that the local +Z of the mechanism is now towards the floor. However this has made no difference....

Has anybody got any suggestions?

Thanks

• Is there anybody who might be able to help with this?
  • When creating the mechanism used as the XYZ external axis, the location of the start and end points of the joint axis determines the direction of joint movement.

Changing these values has solved this problem.