RobotStudio event

Can I export *.rlb or *.stn to geometry

Hello, everyone.

I am beginner for RS.

I want to know how to change robot model(in a posture) or library to *.sat format.

And is it possible to change a station to a geometry file?

Sungwoo Jung

Comments

• Hi,

Although this is not a complete answer, i hope it will bring you at least a step further...

Each *.rlb-file comes with a folder (directory, map) with the same name plus "__supporting_Files".

example:

IRB140_M2000.rlb                           <---- file
    IRB140_M2000__Supporting Files       <---- folder

The folder contains supporting files for the library model (surprise surprise). And if the library model comes with geometry, there will be a *.sat-file waiting for you inside the folder. Copy/Paste Wink it and you have your file, or export it from the object browser of robotstudio. But this doesn't work for robots..

The *.sat-files of the robots can be downloaded from www.abb.com/robotics. Click on "Product range" and select "CAD Models". One limitation though, all the robots are positioned in the syncpos (all axis at 0). So if you want to save the model in a certain position, you have to manually rotate/position all the entities into the desired position and then export the part.

Good luck  Wink 

<@Logan&gt; I spent a minute looking at my own code by accident.
    <Beeth> And your point is?
    <@Logan&gt; I was thinking "What the hell is this guy doing?"
  • Hello wooa3 and welcome to the forum.

I will try to add some info to Melks excellent answer above.

I want to know how to change robot model(in a posture) or library to *.sat format.

Not possible, unfortunately.image
    The robots have had their CAD removed to lighten the library.
    Plus you cannot export the geometry of a whole mechanism(robot) at once.

And is it possible to change a station to a geometry file?

Not possible, either.
    The File>Export>Geometry is only for "Parts".

What is it that you are trying to do?

• I just had a thought.. Am i correct to assume that the geometry data of the robot library models are removed to reduce the drop in graphical performance?

If so, wouldn't it be an idea to just add the geometry data of the robot library models anyway? Because there is always the option "load geometry" when you import library models. So users can decide for themselves whether to import the geometry or not.

<@Logan&gt; I spent a minute looking at my own code by accident.
    <Beeth> And your point is?
    <@Logan&gt; I was thinking "What the hell is this guy doing?"