RobotStudio event

Distributing an application [WebWare SDK]

Anyone who have any experience of how one should go about ditributing the finnshed applications. My plan was to package it with installshield to create an MSI file. Have no idea though what should be included with it to make everything work on the PC in production. For example, do I need to encapsulate the interlink service? And/or is there anything else important stuff to install on the production PC?

/S

Comments

• From the SDK perspective, you need to include the Interlink redistributable (Interlink Module). You can launch it from the installation.

You should be able to determine most other dependencies from the InstallShield IDE.

Russell Drown
  • So I need to install the Interlink redistributable from the WebWare 4.0 cd?
  • You should redistribute your application with the same version of Interlink as the SDK. There is no runtime license required.

Russell Drown
  • So, again. Do I need to run the webware sdk cd on the production machine to get the Interlink Module installed. Or can I include it in the setup that I create with InstallShield?
  • You must install the same version of Interlink on your target machine that you used for development.

You can do this by manually installing Interlink Module on the target PC, or by launching the Interlink redistributable from your install package.

See the Interlink help file>Appendices for information about launching the setup silently.

Russell Drown
  • Do you have any experience from creating a .msi from the visual studio.net environment? If so can I build a complete .msi installer package that would include the Interlink Module? I know that I would have to install the .NET framework separate, do I have to do the same with Interlink or could it be included in the package?
  • Unless you have access to the Interlink merge modules that are used to build the WebWare installs, you must run the executable from within your setup.

You can ask them if they will provide you with these merge modules, but since they already provide instructions for running the install silently, I imagine that the answer will be no.

Russell Drown