Questions/requests regarding the new FlexPendant

Newman
Newman Sweden
edited May 30 in OmniCore
Hi
After some weeks with the new OmniCore FlexPendant I have a few questions/requests.
1. Is it possible to lock the screen orientation? (stop automatic flipping between horisontal/portrait view). Very annoying when crawling around setting work object for example.
2. Make the jog speed slider visible when jogging. Visualize screen pops up and cover the slider in current version.
3. Jog increment is not working properly. Won't change when switching between increments.
4. Debug->move PP to row is annoying. One must select the hole row otherwise its not possible to move PP to row. 
5. Overall the screen touch and feel is slow and lagging. Sometimes you have to press several times. Not a good sign when this is a brand new platform.

MOD EDIT: I made this thread a "sticky" so we can collect the feedback in one place. //Maxim
-----------------
David
Swedish freelance ABB robot programmer
Post edited by Maxim Riabichev on

Answers

• Fritz
    Fritz Tallinn
    Point 1 is really annoying. I support the need for option to lock the rotation of the screen.

I would add one more point to this list:
    6. Page closing option is working randomly. It seam's that you have to hold page button exactly correct amount of time to make "Close" menu to appear. Too short - nothing happens; too long - nothing happens. And sometimes nothing happens at all (RW 7.2).

• Newman
    Newman Sweden
    I didn’t even know that there was a way you could close a window because for some reason there is no ”X” in the top right corner.
    -----------------
    David
  • Newman
    Newman Sweden
    I find quite often that it's impossible to find the program pointer on FlexPendant.
    Debug -> Cursor to PP doesn't work but same procedure in RobotStudio does. 
    -----------------
    David