RobotStudio event

No Simualtion with PaintL's [Painting PowerPac]

Can not run sumulation with PaintL moves or set brushes.  When the PaintL moves reference PW_inst in System Module in will not simulate.  But if i change all the PainL's to MoveL's and and !Remove all SetBrushes it will simualate.  This issue began with the New version of studio.

Comments

• Are you using Paint powerpac? if not have you added the PaintL instruction templates to the station?

Just a thought, allthough I have never simulated paint before so not really sure.
  • Moving to Painting PowerPac forum. This is not related to Painting PowerPac but involves paint instructions that Painting PowerPac users may know more about.

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • Which version of RobotStudio & PowerPac are you using ?
  • Can not run sumulation with PaintL moves or set brushes.

RobotStudio & PowerPac 5.14.03

Version 5.14.4757.3071
  • Can you give some more details about the problem.
    PPP works only with Paint systems. 

• Yes Painting System

Program works in real world no erros.

Next question i can not change automatically in PPP Preferences End Brush Number to 0.

I need Start Brush 1 (Gun on) and End Brush 0 (Gun off).

Use S4P Robot with Events.

Sorry i can not really english.

• Hello, 

For the current build of PPP, the setbrush events start from 1. 
    We will try to include the possiblity to configure 0 for SetBrush instruction in the future release.

Thanks & Regards,
    sudarshan
  • Hello,

Ok Thanks for the Brush Problem.

Have you a solution for the simulation problem.

I can not start a simulation with PaintL ?

• Hello
    In most applications they use brush 1 or 2 for OFF, and some other number for various ON-settings. Is it possible for you to do the same?

br Tormod
    Tormod Henne
    Senior Engineer
  • Hello,

No and Yes.

in the moment I use setbrush2 for OFF only in RS5 but when finishd the programm I must change all setbrush2 with ShopFloorEditor to setbrush0.

I can not use setbrush with my S4P control.

I need Events for gun on off but this is a other Story.

Thanks for help from Austria
  • Regarding the simulation, the output messages indicate that there could be some errors in RAPID. 

The other option could be to set the Program pointer manually to the routine and start the simulation if there are no RAPID errors. 
  • Ok I delete the errors in rapid.

Program pointer manually...?

No idea what you mean where ?

• It seems like the controller does not read the paint L's idk how to resolve.  I have to convert all PaintL's to MoveL's to simulate.

• I can not simulate with PaintL's. 

Here is a photo with the error.  I have to convert PaintL's to MoveL's for it to simulate.

• Sudarshan said:
    Hello, 

We will try to include the possiblity to configure 0 for SetBrush instruction in the future release.

Thanks & Regards,
    sudarshan

Thanks for the "0"

maschka

• Sudarshan said:
    Hello, 

D

Thanks & Regards,
    sudarshan

thank you very much

maschka

• thank you very much
  • @Jbelcher92CAT did you ever find a solution?  I am running into that also. 
    RS no longer recognizes my PaintL commands, and will not simulate.  I have to switch to MoveL to simulate.